BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

"It's below freezing outside and you're all ready to step out in to the white mountains of snow where it blizzards around the houses and shops making them look delicious, like they've been sprinkled with icing sugar by an excited baker, but as you step outside it isn't quite the picturesque winter wonderland you were expecting, leaving you with a shiver to your bone and a red nose making you look like Rudolph's first born. Winters here and it's time to stay warm. "
Being cold is something that I can quite honestly say I hate, but on the other hand I love picking my favourite items to warm myself up in the cold weather that is fast approaching. From gloves, to coats, warm soups and scented candles winter is my favourite month ironically, seen as though I hate the cold but the fashion of this season is my favourite, and these are my favourite winter proof suggestion to keep you warm and on trend this approaching winter.

The first thing that pops in to my mind when trying to combat the cold weather is a coat. All though I am not always one for splurging on items that come in and out of fashion quickly, I think winter coats are an exception to this statement. Getting a good winter coat if you live in a cold town is essential. I bought a khaki parka this year to keep me snug and warm from Florence and Fred at Tesco for £45, which is a reasonable price for such a warm and inviting coat. Khaki Parka's are on trend, so no matter what you layer them over you'll have the look and mine has a perfect soft lining that feels like a teddy bear to stop me from freezing over. A definite win. This one pictured you can buy from Newlook for £49.99.

The next thing on my winter warmer list has to be mittens or gloves. Mittens and gloves have hit the high street with great gusto and line the rails of shops all over. Whichever you pick mittens or gloves it depends your preferences, I personally think mittens are cuter however gloves are more practical, so I tend to stick with gloves with chic edge. suede are my favourites and you get these from accessorize  but alas my student budget doesn't stretch to their prices. So I also found these ones pictured that are my favourites, to keep my fingers warm on those chilly days. They are also phone friendly so I won't get frost bite when trying to text, which is always a win!Find these for £4 at Dorothy Perkins. 

Then at last but by no means least, a hat. In my opinion hats either suit you or they don't and you'll know when you look in the mirror, but if it's cold outside and you wanna wear one, just do it. I am partial to wearing hats like the one  pictured,(£6 Matalan) but when it comes to winter I look for more wolly types to keep my little ears toasty warm. Like this one from new look that I have, which is £5.99 and keeps my head so incredibly warm, however this season beanie style hats are also very on trend, so if you prefer them why not give them a try?
 So there you have it my three winter essentials, for this upcoming winter season, parka coats, suede gloves and woolly bobble hats. What are your winter favourites this season is it clothes, food or something completely different? 
Well, that's all for now, the ins and outs, ups and downs of 
Victoria Jane
x

Comments

  1. I love your list of winter items! Hope you are staying warm :)

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, beautiful!

Popular Posts